It’s one of the big annual releases in their excellent collection of free guides. And this year, it came out early. Released in October, it’s Photoshelter’s third yearly survey of What Buyers Want From Photographers.
If you are looking to get into editorial or commercial photography (or are currently working in those fields), Photoshelter’s annual release gives valuable inside information. The survey includes feedback from hundreds of art buyers and photo editors, many from prestigious publications.
As Photoshelter’s blog post says, the information includes:
We’ve scoured through the results, organized, and packaged this vital information into one easy-to-read guide. Inside, we share key insights including:
- Where buyers turn to find photographers and photography
- How much time they spend searching for new talent
- Email and direct mail tactics that capture their attention
- Common mistakes photographers make when pitching
- Personality traits that can make or break a working relationship
- Major website do’s and don’ts, plus how buyers prefer images delivered
Photoshelter frequently releases free guides on becoming a professional photographer.